The anti-Muslim sentiment seen across the nation

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39081887/ns/business-careers

It will get worse for Muslim because of this mosque. You would think that would keep them from building it. But I think they will push it anyway and that is why I think they have other reasons for building it. It's not bringing people together. Instead it is opening up wounds of 9/11.
Should The Donald buy the building?

gammie

Asked by gammie at 11:49 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think so too Sister. The Imam says the entire point of the place is to build bridges but he HAD to know this PLACE and the DATE they plan on opening would get a HUGELY negative reaction. How AWESOME would it be if he were to say (especially after what he said TODAY) that they understood the sentiment here and would move locations and to hell with how the terrorists felt about the move! I think it would go a long way....

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:21 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I disagree. and I think it is the bigots and racists in america who should be told what is rude or disrespectful instead of peoplesaying these folks should back down . They are doing NOTHING wrong. people need to start addressing those who are in the wrong, being bigots, racists and more. If people would take more of a stance to defend these people of our country we could see real change.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 11:53 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• It will get worse for Muslim because of this mosque. You would think that would keep them from building it.

WOW.....History keeps repeating....People that are NOT the majority have the NERVE to expect the SAME RIGHTS and when they exercise them, they get BEAT INTO SUBMISSION

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:52 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• dear momof : the reallity dont kill , so dont worry im muslim and a hate extremist behaviours as weel
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 12:19 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I am Catholic. I think what a FEW Catholic priests did to children was AWFUL and spoke out LOUDLY about it. I have seen many Catholics on this site condemn it. I have seen many Catholics on the NEWS condemning this. I have NOT seen Muslims out condemning the extremists that are KILLING people in the name of their religion. I have NOT seen Imams out preaching AGAINST this behaviour. I HAVE seen Imams out there BLAMING the American people! I HAVE seen MANY people in Muslim nations DANCING IN THE STREETS as towers fell KILLING millions. I have seen Christians who have seen the errors of past violent behaviors condemn those who have blown up buildings and clinics as WRONG. I would REALLY like to see MORE from the Muslim community speaking out AGAINST the violence and LESS rhetoric about horrible Americans.....

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:04 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Turn off Fox news......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....way to ASSume darlin. I JUST posted a story about Morning Joe a few days ago. I watch ALL the channels AND read AP AND other Internet sources. Please...I would love to see those links :) What I hear day in and day out is people talking about the awful horrible Christians who have been killing people in Crusades and other religious wars for CENTURIES while those SAME PEOPLE refuse to acknowledge that Muslims are doing the same thing NOW and HAVE BEEN TOO for centuries! Were AAAAALLLLLL Christians doing those killing??? Why NO they WERE NOT. Do YOU people continue to lump them together...why YES YOU DO. And the WHOLE TIME you make excuses for the violence being done by extreme Muslims NOW and it sounds like you are giving them a pass!! At the same time I have seen AGAIN and AGAIN those liuke me who DO difrentiate between Muslims and Muslim EXTREMISTS.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:31 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I wouldn't care that they are builing that mosque if I didn't know what is written in the Koran. It's not all peace. There are passages that advocate violence against those who don't believe in that faith and for those born into it who don't practice it as they should. It's fine to say everyone who comes here should be able to practice their religion but to turn a blind eye and not even study what people are bringing here is a bad idea. Actually, it's frightening. It might be a little less so if Muslims and Muslim leaders who say they are peaceful would speak out against extremist but that does not happen. Makes one wonder.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I don't think them not bowing down and giving up what they're rightfully entitled to means they have "ulterior motives." I think it means that they know that they have the right, and that they won't let anyone bully them into giving that up. Our rights aren't contingent upon anyone's approval or the majority's consent. They're a given, and no one should feel pressured to wave them for any reason.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• " I have NOT seen Muslims out condemning the extremists that are KILLING people in the name of their religion. "

Funny, I have. And someone just posted links showing this the other day...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:18 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Memaw...I do NOT want that Mosque built there EITHER. I am just sick of being called hateful or mean or evil or racist for feeling that extreme Muslims need to be called out and that the Mosque doesnt need to be built there. That Imam was out there today saying they HAVE to build the Mosque because otherwise it might make MORE violence if they move the site. WTH?? So NOW we make decisions based on the CRAZIES reactions!! Way to go freedom! Bowing down to killers! FANTSTIC!

devil

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:57 PM on Sep. 13, 2010