so i have worked retail for seven years. its time to move on and i was thinking of applying at the bank for a teller positon. Any bank tellers with an opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• It is heavily supervised and just about the lowest paid position at a bank.

I've never been one myself, but I've known others who've done it.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:02 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Apply. Mostly all you need is cash handling and customer service experience and you seem to have noth. Good luck.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 12:06 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i have a friend that did that...she worked at the bank for a couple months and went back to retail..lol...she said she didnt like the slow pace of a bank..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:07 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Don't know if you want to be self employed and do your own hours etc, but at www.care.com and www.sittercity.com you can see jobs for childcare, senior care, housekeeping, house sitting, pet sitting, and what they call care gigs which are miscellaneous things people need help with. They are all listed under a pull down on the first page of the websites. I have two part time jobs through these websites and get paid well. You search jobs by zipcode. Just an idea............
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:09 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• MY Hubby is a Private Banker with Wells Fargo and he says the teller jobs are among the WORST positions in the bank, extremely low pay, and little appreciation but lots of people above them to come down on them.

I work from home, I make MORE money than a teller does, I have only my own rules :-) and I am my own boss who sets my payscale and hours and days.

Id be happy to give you all the info if you;d like to message me
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 12:34 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I was a teller..it is the lowest paid and VERY unappreciative. I did like working in the drive through though.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 1:03 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I was a bank teller for a few years, starting when I was 19 years old. The insurance was excellent and I enjoyed the job. I was able to work up to investment accounts, but I actually liked my time as a teller more than that. Keep in mind this was before the economy was such a disaster. I'm not sure what it would be like now.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:06 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My sister is a bank teller and the pay does start low. However there were some pretty cool benefits available to her almost immediately. I think it's probably worth looking into.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 7:39 PM on Sep. 13, 2010