Looking to cheer up my DH...

He' s been getting more and more depressed about his job by the day! Today has just been super bad for him. I want to do something sweet for him to take his mind off things. Any suggestions ladies?

KrazyKutie

Asked by KrazyKutie at 12:08 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Tell him how grateful you are to him for sticking it out with the economy the way it is. A lot of guys (and women) are out of work right now. Tell him how much you appreciate how hard he's working, how much you love him, and show him by making the money he brings home stretch as far as you can. You might even treat him to something he really wants, or a night out together (date night!), etc. I bought my hubby Jimmy Buffett tickets (HUGE Parrotthead), and he was pretty ecstatic. However, there's only so much YOU can do to bring him out of this. As women, we tend to put this on ourselves, and really, he needs to figure this out for himself. All you can do is be there and be supportive. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:15 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• sex. that always puts my husband in a good mood! lol
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Tell him how much you love him and how proud you are of him hanging in there. Maybe make his favorite meal?
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:11 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Make him his favorite dinner. Give him a massage. Tell him how you love him.
    MistressMinerva

Answer by MistressMinerva at 12:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Make sure he knows that you appreciate him working hard for the family and make time for just you both every day. When he gets home give him a few minutes (half and hour) to detstress before telling him all your stresses and handing off the kids for your break. Make a nice dinner and sit down and eat together. Later just cuddle and hug and let it go where it goes.
    steveiguana

Answer by steveiguana at 12:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Thanks ladies. I'm going to cook him his favorite meal and then just have cuddle time while watching a movie he loves :]
    KrazyKutie

Comment by KrazyKutie (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Sep. 13, 2010