Does anyone feel this way?

I am the middle child to my two sisters and the only one that is doing great in life. My older sister is married and my younger sister is working but she is living with her bf fathers's and not taking care of her responsibilites. Me I am wrking and going to school (FT). My mom is always giving my sisters $ but she comes back and ask me to give her what she gave them. Lately, I move in with my mother until my apt was ready and I have contribute to the house but she feel as though that is not enough so she consists on asking me to pay for her truck to get fix (needs a motor). Everytime I give her $ she gives it to my sisters and that bothers me because my mom is not about to pay me back. I feel as though I am the outcast to my own mother...I feel as though she uses me but cherish them. I love my mother but I am fed up....What can I do other than speaking to her which turns into an argument..I dont want to argue w/my mother.

mom42107

Asked by mom42107 at 12:19 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Not give her the money? I am not doing great in life but I manage and take care of myself and my 4 kids. I do not ask my family for money. Just tell your mom that you are saving for your future and want to have that for when you decide to buy a house. GL
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 12:25 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Write her a letter and send it after you move out. Tell her how hurt you feel and how used you feel. Don't bash her. Make the letter about your feelings. Tell her you love her. Edit, edit, edit until it says exactly what you want it to say. Make copies of the letter for yourself and in case you ever need to show it to your sisters. And pat yourself on the back for being a responsible young adult. I wish you all the best.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:26 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i would definetly find that apartment to move into like PRONTO!! that way she doesnt have any holds on you and you will have more courage to say no to your mother. if your sister's need money they should come to you rather then your mother. you shouldnt have to contribute into paying for her truck to get fixed since that is not a nessesity for you. it doesnt not benifit for you at all.

either get that apartment rolling or just say no to your mother or move in with someone else. thats all i can think of. sorry
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:28 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• damn.... All I can say first off is SHAME on your mother...
    This might be hard but what would happen if you told her no?
    What would she respond with if you asked her why does she want the money?
    Would she tell you no if you said mom can i borrow some money?

I realize that you don't want to argue with your mom but one way to get how your feeling out with out a fight and with her being able to HEAR everything you have to SAY is by writing her a letter. when you write someone a letter they don't feel so attacked as when your talking to them... They have more time to think and more time to respond... I would do that if i were you but I would also give it to her and then leave so she can read it in private.... just a suggestion
    Niltiak

Answer by Niltiak at 12:29 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Let her know you do not have an extra money to give her.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 4:39 PM on Sep. 13, 2010