My (mixed) baby girl's hair...

O this child has a TON of hair. She's 9 mos old. She is 1/4th black, so her hair is pretty curly and kind of course. It's just all coming in so funny! The back of her head is nothing but curls, but the front/top is completely straight. I have no idea what to do with her hair, to help it all look good together. DH's hair is kinky curly and mine is just poofy curly. Does anyone else's' baby have weird hair? What did you do?

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 12:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hahaha i was just talking with some ladies from church the other day, they were talking about "white mama syndrome"... mixed kid's hair... I told them they should start a ministry at the church to teach white mama's how to do their kid's hair :)

anyway, maybe you can find some good info on this website :)

http://www.treasuredlocks.com/biracial-hair-care-guide.html

elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 12:40 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 12:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yep! White momma here! :) lol Thank you
    jedwards2009

Comment by jedwards2009 (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• What is weird hair ? I think you will find some help by look on the internet about biracial hair care and learn how to braid .If that doesn't work ask your husband parent ,or sibling .
    Blue1212

Answer by Blue1212 at 3:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I just meant weird because it's SUPER curly in the back and straight in the front.
    jedwards2009

Comment by jedwards2009 (original poster) at 3:44 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i have the same problem with my mixed daughter she's about to be 8 months and her hair is really curly on top of her head. My boyfriend says she looks like rob sniders baby in the movie grown ups because of his hair lol. my friend also has a mixed 3 yeard old daugter and she had this stuff to use for that type of hair. it works good andsmells great. you can find it at walmart its called soft & beautiful just for me, oil moisturizing lotion for hair, in a pink bottle with like a greenish bluish top. Also i use this other stuff its the same brand its a curl smoother creme it works good also, its in a greenish bluish bottler with a yellow top. you will find it in the same place with the other stuff. where you get hair care products
    proud.mommy17

Answer by proud.mommy17 at 4:15 PM on Sep. 13, 2010