how do you deal.....

with wanting another baby when DH dosen't.....he jokes to everyone about it but dosen't know how it REALLY makes me feel, I have always wanted a big family, I just dont know how to bring it up to him without upsetting him about the situation.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Didn't you guys discuss this before getting married? Well, I think the only way to deal with it now is to sit down and have a very frank discussion about your wants and desires, his wants and desires and see where that takes you. If it appears that you can't come to a consensus on your own, you might want to see a counselor. It's really not good to have this level of disconnect regarding something as basic as the number of children you want. Upsetting him shouldn't be the reason you don't have this discussion - burying your feelings and never discussing it will cause far more problems for your marriage in the long run, IMO.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 12:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• we went threw the same thing till one day i got preggy and then he was happy as could be i think men are just scared of whats to come but happy when it happends and they see them
    amommyslife03

Answer by amommyslife03 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I used to feel this way A LOT. But as my kids got older (they're 7 and 4 now) and I see how perfect our little family is, another baby just isn't necessary to make me happy anymore. I've concentrated on being grateful for what we have and on improving myself and that strong feeling of wanting another has lessened. Good luck!
    MamaDee2003

Answer by MamaDee2003 at 2:48 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• With my dh and I we discussed babies before marriage, I wanted one he wanted more. After our first he was done and I wanted more! People change, circumstances change and babies change minds. (In one way or the other). I think you need to let him know that his jokes aren't funny to you. Explain how much it means to you. Whether he agrees with you or not, he should never make fun of your opinions and wants! GL I know I'd have more than two now if it were up to me.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:00 PM on Sep. 13, 2010