lease question

Dh and I are moving back in with my parents for a little while. (moving about 5 hours from where we live now). As soon as we get jobs we are moving out. So we will only be there for about 2 months. In hte meantime, I asked my dad to make us up a lease to see we can keep our FS to get formula for dd (yes I know WIC, but she's 9 mos and in our state that only gets us like 4 small cans!) But my dad is worried that if he makes us up a lease and we turn it in, that they will have to claim more on their taxes and it will mess them up? I don't think it would, but I honestly do not know. I don't want to do anything that will screw them over later!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Actually, you don't need a lease. I live with my grandparents and they just made a letter stating i'm paying them a few hundred in rent when i can and that they're helping me for a few months until i get an apartment. They shouldn't ask you for anything else. if you want details on what i wrote and had them sign just let me know. i still have the papers
    jolee0222

Answer by jolee0222 at 12:49 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Honestly, it can come back onto your parents.. as it will show income of your parent's behalf that is unaccounted for.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• all your dad needs to do is write a letter stating how much rent you guys are paying him and when like weekly monthly ect thats all you should need we went thew it with my sister and ourself when we moved from va to nh n moved with my parents till our house was done being built
    amommyslife03

Answer by amommyslife03 at 1:04 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• you do not have to do a lease. a written letter signed stating you are liviing with them but not supported by them, and that all foods are stored and cooked seperately.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 2:24 PM on Sep. 13, 2010