Do you think people just SAY they are voting OBAMA?

Do you think they are saying they are for OBAMA but really voting MCCAIN (just to seem non-racist?)
(I know this has happened in the past with other non-white candidates, I just can't recall the proper term, and I'm NAK so bear with me)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm voting Mccain! Not ashamed I do know people who have told me they say or tell people that they are voting for Obama because they are afraid of getting bashed. I also know people who are afraid to have anything but a Obama sticker on their car. I wouldn't put an Obama sticker on my car but I wouldn't put a Mccain sticker on my car either! I have had my car keyed in the past when not voting democrat. When that happened someone actually told me I deserved it for voting that way. NOBODY deserves anything like that. SO I can see how some might want to remain anonyomous.
    zionsmom1

Answer by zionsmom1 at 6:20 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• it probably happens.
    Anonymous

• Not me. I am proud to say that I am NOT voting for Obama. I would shout it from my rooftop if my husband would let me have the ladder.
    Anonymous

• Since he is the Messiah, wouldn't that be blasphemy?
    Anonymous

• No.
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 3:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• nah i think everyone really is past the race thing, i know racist (openly) who are voting obama becasue they can rationalize it and they arent stupid... yeah everyone is really voting for the best man, obama....
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:13 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• What year is this? Is it 1968 or 2008? Honestly, for every person who lies and says they are voting for Obama, there is a person who lies and says they are voting for McCain. Lest we forget how some people would treat an Obama supporter in a red state!
    bestmomIcanbe

Answer by bestmomIcanbe at 3:26 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I think some are LOL.. I know I have thought about it to get my Grandma to shut up.... keeps telling me I am "wasting my vote" or that "people are stupid to vote for McCain"..... Because "Obamas going to win anyway"... I keep saying I'm not wasting my vote unless I DONT VOTE....I guess older doesnt mean wiser all the time.
    ThePopeVI

Answer by ThePopeVI at 3:39 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Sure. I tell people i am voting for McCain all the time. Why shouldn't it go the other way.
    Anonymous

• I'm not voting for Obama and tell people I'm not! Half of my family is black but the reason I'm NOT voiting for him has nothing to do with his race! My grandfather on the other hand...that could be different!
    Anonymous