Unsolicited help or advice (in real-life)

I think we are allowed one time to give unsolicited help, but if we keep doing it, unasked for, are we being intrusive?

I feel unless your being updated or involved, then you have to assume the issue has been taken care of somehow. Is this true? I'm too nice to tell some people I don't want anymore help in a matter cuz this person takes things WAY to personally.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 1:00 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• That is one of my flaws. I went to college to be a marital and family therapist and I am overly caring. I have alot of family and friends who do come to me for advise but even when they are telling me about a problem and havent asked I try and help. More than likley this person in your life does care about you and is trying to be helpful but you could say thanks for the advice but I have things worked out right now.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:09 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Well hun, even if we come to that agreement on CM the people in your real life will never know about it. You need to find a way to say "I'm sorry but I don't need any advice, I'm handling it the best I can." Or they will never stop. I am also too nice to say anything to hurt peoples feelings and they walked all over me. Until I found my back bone that is, now no one bothers me with their intruding. GL
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 1:08 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i just take the advise and if i want i use it unless it goes in one ear and out the other but i also give it you never know if it might really help someone
    amommyslife03

Answer by amommyslife03 at 1:18 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• If someone is inviting me into their business then I have every right to give my opinion. If I walk up to them knowing the situation, but they didn't tell me it themselves, then I am intruding. That's the line. If I am invited into the situation by being their ear to listen, then I am in the right to share my thoughts and opinions.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:00 PM on Sep. 13, 2010