Any advice for morning sickness?

I am seventeen weeks pregnant and I have been sick the whole time. I have tried saltines, ginger ale, sprite, eating smaller meals more frequently in the day, and those sucker things they have most of the time I don't throw up I am just really nauseated and trying not to throw up all day I'm miserable if anyone has any advice please help. I never got sick with my last pregnancy.

Amanda_87

Asked by Amanda_87 at 3:02 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i lived off of altoids sours candies :)

if it's too much for you, your doc can prescribe an anti nausea medication.
    Anonymous

• I had morning so bad with my first pregnancy. I tried everything to help it and nothing worked. I finally had to tell the doctor and she prescribed me a medicine for it and that stuff was great.
    Anonymous

• Minty flavored gum was helpful to me =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 3:14 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I too am 17 weeks pregnant. Up until about 5 days ago I had horrible morning sickness. I was sick 24 hours a day with that nausea and nothing helped me. I tried everything. I went to my doctor 5 days ago and she prescribed me promethazine for the nausea. It has helped me so much. I can actually get out of bed and do something for once. I feel for you.
    Anonymous

• peppermints and tums (also helps w sour stomach)...that's all I used
    4nickrick

Answer by 4nickrick at 3:17 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• get meds!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:22 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Vitamin B6....i took that. I got a shot of it and also the meds which u can just buy at the pharmacy.
    Rosiecheeks309

Answer by Rosiecheeks309 at 3:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• You doctor can give you anti nausea meds. Promethazine makes you sleepy. Reglan and Zophram just makes your stomach empty quicker so you'll eat everything and will be hungry all the time. I have tried them all and honestly the only that helped me was the Promethazine/Phenergan (another name). If you take it regularly for a couple days you get used to the tired feeling and it won't happen after a while. If you do get put on that just stick with it. Other than that vitamin b does help alittle but you have to ask which ones are ok because you can take too much so ask your doc.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 4:12 PM on Oct. 16, 2008