Do you feed your kids healthy food everyday?

I know i should fix a good and healthy meal for my kids, but they are picky. So they normally eat chkn, pizza, pizza rolls, soup, chips and sandwiches, cereal, and i know these foods are not the best but idk what else to do.. we eat junk food i guess

Brittney20

Asked by Brittney20 at 1:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• For the most part. Especially since both of my kids love fruit. My son doesn't go near veggies unless it's corn, and I haven't tried my 10 month old on veggies yet. I try to make it as much if a well balanced meal as I can. They do get junk every now and then, but even when I give them snacks it's healthy snacks. Just tell your kids that they don't get the junk. Just ban it from the house. They will eventually eat and all you'll have is healthy foods. You're the parent and I know it's hard to imagine willingly walking into a batlle, but you have to make the right choice for them first.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:57 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I'll let her have those things too. BUT, in my house....you have to eat your veggies before you are aloud to have your yummy dinner. I have had parents tell me that i will ruin their appetite by feeding them fruits & veggies first, but it works like a charm for me. I know my child has her fair share of fresh produce daily. It makes me feel a lot less guilty when she eats junk, if i know she has had her share of veggies. I would say that yes, i feed her healthy. There are always busy days though where it seems like food takes the back seat as far as importance. Sometimes any food at all is good food on those crazy days...lol.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:05 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• most of the time
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 1:02 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My kids don't get a lot of variety, but that's because they'd pick only junk food if I let them. There are a few really good foods that they like (whole grain bread, fruit, low-fat cheese) so they eat a lot of those same foods every day. I'd rather know that they are getting good nutrition and a boring diet than know they're filling up on whatever has the most colorful box, you know?
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 1:06 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i try to.
    even the things your kids like, you can still spin them a bit and make them healthier. for example: you serve chicken stuffed with cheese and spincha, or pizza on whole wheat crust, make pizza rolls at home (to avoid to much processed food) and put bits of bell pepper inside. make tuna sandwiches, or organic turkey and cheese sandwiches on whole wheat or whole grain bread and add lettuce and tomato. if they refuse, say that's what's for dinner you can choose to eat or not. they'll most likely complain, but hunger will bring them around. the thing is, if junk food is a choice, that's what most kids (even non-picky kids) will choose.
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 1:08 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Nope I dont. I consider it a win if i can get him to eat a full meal PERIOD.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 1:09 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Mine eats healthy and bad. He will eat an entire plate of healthy and later eat bad food. So, I don't worry. He is 89lbs at 14y/o sso, he isn't overweight.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:11 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• When he lived at home.. Yes. Everyday.

We've never been junk food eaters though. Our house has always been a fresh fruit, fresh vegie, little meat, no junk food, no processed foods..etc.. ... Healthy eating has always been our norm.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• When they are little healthy is hard to do because they may not eat everything you give them. You certainly can try to and supplement their eating with vitamins for added benefits until they get used to eating more of the basic food groups.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 1:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I try. They have developed a taste for that stuff like you mentioned so it is hard. I give them a vitamin everyday too.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 1:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2010