Does anyone know a good personal alarm that a senior would wear and use if they couldn't get help for themselves?

We are helping my MIL find a reasonably priced alarm device that she would either wear around her neck or on her wrist, like a watch. It would be used if she fell and could not call for help. She has fallen several times now and she should have had this device by now. Would love your recommendations. Thanks!!

elizabr

Asked by elizabr at 1:03 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Health

• I used to work for a company that monitored for 1800MedAlert - very fast repsonse times. Also, LifeAlert is a good one. They have pendants and watches, and call buttons placed throughout the house. It's a loudspeaker system, so you don't use a phone - the dispatcher can hear everything through the speakers placed throughout the house, and speak to your loved one the same way.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 1:05 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• life alert is a good one they have either a wrist band or a necklace and they give you a phone with a button on it with a lock box for the door if someone needs to get in. they always first call a designated person or 911 which ever is setup and someone does come out and set it all up for them. and they arent that expensive either.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 1:07 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• There's Life Alert.
    My Granddad had the same thing, but I don't know what company he used.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:55 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Life Alert is what we recommend to families at my job.
    emhain

Answer by emhain at 4:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• A friend of mines father uses LIFE ALERT as well and they can hear him all the way down the hallway of their huge house if he falls in the hall or his room or living room where its set up.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 9:16 PM on Sep. 14, 2010