Do you base your cooking on what's on sale at the store for maximum savings?

I usually see what is on sale at the supermarkets in my area and use that as a guide for what I will be making that week. Last week and this turkey has been on sale for 99 cents a pound so I can make many different meals by roasting a turkey and it is a change from eating chicken too.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 1:08 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Yes, I look for things on sale once I get there and figure out meals from them first. I used to go through all the fliers and make a list but now I just look when I get there. Today they had a great sale on pot roast and I stocked up.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• no thats probably why I spend to much on food. I think its a great idea though.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:10 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I let my boyfriend pick what he wants to eat for the week and that's how we shop.
    TiphaniMommy

Answer by TiphaniMommy at 1:11 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i do for the most part money beinbg tight
    foustjennifer

Answer by foustjennifer at 1:11 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• No I write out my weekly food menu and that has saved us so much. If thery is something for a great deal. Hubby will pick it up and we will hve it hte next week.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• no. I usually have ideas of what I want to make and have a freezer full of food. I may use some of the sale items but I usually buy them for future use not that weeks
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yes. I buy what is on sale and that is what we eat. Always have.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 1:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Absolutely. I always look for sale items and always try to combine them with coupons for even more savings. I don't necessarily plan my shopping for a particular week, but I always have things on hand to try different recipes when I'm in a mood for different meals.
    Ineedmyfix

Answer by Ineedmyfix at 1:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Since I have well stocked freezers and pantry shelves I rarely have to plan meals around what the store has on sale that week. I prefer to plan menus for a month at a time and shop for the ingredients I'll need, then stock up on sale items if I use them.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 2:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I also keep my freezer full when I see sales, but mostly buy in bulk from Sams club. Then get some things I want that go on sale at the reg grocery store.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 2:25 PM on Sep. 13, 2010