Is there a such thing as to clumsy?

My son is 22mths and falls constantly. He walks on his toes witch I think has something to do with it, but not the whole problem. My 5yr old walks on his toes and has since he started walking and he is no where as clumsy as my 22mth old. I mean he falls down when there is nothing on the floor. I am concerned that it may be an inner ear thing. My husband says I am making a big thing out of nothing. What do you think?

lovealynn

Asked by lovealynn at 1:10 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My daughter was clumsy too but she was a preemie and a toe-walker; actually wore orthotics for 7 years because of it. She's outgrown her clumsy phase at this point but I'd say go with your gut instincts and have him checked out just to be sure.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 1:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i know there is i was like that when i was growing up and i still do it from time to time
    foustjennifer

Answer by foustjennifer at 1:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i know there is i did when i was growing up
    foustjennifer

Answer by foustjennifer at 1:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i'd check with his pedi to make sure it's not an ear thing causing balance problems. i'm just a paranoid mom so i would check. however, my son has always been "too Clumsy". He used to run into walls alot and fall and drop things. But i think it's just something they grow out of because he's not very clumsy anymore. The wall thing was pretty funny because i just couldn't figure out WHY he was doing it. but then i thought he's trying to speed up. maybe that's the case with your little one. He wants to go faster and run before he walks.
    jolee0222

Answer by jolee0222 at 1:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My oldest trips all the time. There is nothing wrong with her. Her pediatrician just said she's clumsy that's all.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 1:26 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• It is possible, but definately get the inner ear thing checked out. You want to catch any balance issues early. Just bring it up with your kid's pedi and see what he thinks.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:53 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I think its there age, Kids are clumsy,
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 2:36 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• If it really seems abnormal to you, take him to see the dr.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 2:39 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Most toddlers are clumsy, but if it really concerns you , talk to his dr.
    jdlane1901

Answer by jdlane1901 at 6:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• it wouldn't hurt to have his hearing tested.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 10:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2010