When does the "kick counting" begin?

When does the "Kick counting" begin? i'm 21 weeks and she moves alot, but there's times where i go hours without feeling her move and other times she just doesn't stop. is this normal?

jolee0222

Asked by jolee0222 at 1:10 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes it is normal. I have number had to do the kick count thing with my pregnancy's. There will be time you will not feel baby as much. Especially when you are busy.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• im 21 weeks also, my lil girl moves alot late at night but durin the day i dont feel her any more, it makes me nervous but iv read and herd at our pt the baby is sleeping alot because they are going through a growth spurt!....everything i go to doc she is doin great so that eases my mind alot!!!
    LilStacy

Answer by LilStacy at 1:19 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Im 22 and 1/2 weeks and i just started feeling him kick on saturday and he really hasnt stopped! he will go for a while then stop for like an hour or 2 so i assume he is taking a nap. and when you are up and about i heard that puts them to sleep. so when you are still and quiet they move more. i was starting to worry about not feeling him then all of a sudden the kicks came and it makes me feel so much better
    drdavenport

Answer by drdavenport at 1:24 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Around 26-28 weeks, they recommend you count kicks.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:39 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I've never been told to do them. I'm 29w2 with this baby now btw.

Besides at 21 weeks movement is spontaneous at best. :o) Don't feel bad I still have days where I don't feel him move a ton and it's always when I am walking a lot because it seems to rock him to sleep. Now I still go a few hours without movement because he is settling into definite wake and sleep cycles.

If you start to worry a lot drink some OJ, or ice water while sitting and stay sitting you will feel baby moving in no time. Also I found that eating a popsicle will really get baby going crazy because of the cold. lol
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 2:03 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I went my entire pregnancy and was never told to do them. There are times when the baby is more active than others. And at 21 weeks, your baby is still very small.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:32 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I had 4 kids and I was never told to count kicks!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 4:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2010