what is your favorite meal to cook at home, from scratch

how often do you make it and where did you get the recipe from.....
feel free to share recipe

justgrape723

Asked by justgrape723 at 1:11 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I love anything stuffed. Stuffed peppers, stuffed shells, Cabbage rolls. Mmm sometimes I make them one right after the other, sometimes once a week. But its been about a month since I have made any of them. I'll have to find my recipe.. hmm. I got them from my mom, and I also looked them up online, and kinda mixed what I thought would be good. Yummy. Maybe I'll go to the store and get the stuff now! lol
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Anything comforting! Meatloaf, chicken or turkey pot pie, beef stew, homeade mac and cheese, casseroles.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 1:15 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• It used to be either lasagna or stuffed shells but lately I've been on a turkey kick. I can't seem to get enough of it. I think it's because I usually only cook it for Thanksgiving.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Anything needing tomato sauce. My Italian FIL taught me how to make his sauce. I have tweeked it over the years but it is still our favorite.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• One of my favorite meals to cook....and my families' favorite to eat, is herb roasted chicken with potatoes and carrots. It is absolutely delicious. The chicken comes out so tender it melts in your mouth. I think I got the original recipe from Taste of Home magazine.
    jillybean4

Answer by jillybean4 at 1:29 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Thanksgiving is one of my favorite meals to cook - turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, rolls, brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie....

I also like to make Veggie Lasagna OR Lentils over Orzo Pasta with Parmeson and Olive Oil.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 1:37 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My fave home cooked meal to make is Chicken Biryani.

I make it once every couple of weeks usually.

The recipe and process/instructions are too long to add for the space allotted here.. lol

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:19 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Chicken Fried Pork in the crock pot. I make it at least once a week.
    mommabear53

Answer by mommabear53 at 1:23 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• mac and cheese using the betty crocker recipe,it is sooo good. tastes alot better than a box and isnt hard to make at all. even good heated up or a little luke warm.just plain good.
    onewife

Answer by onewife at 1:45 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Quesadillas. They're delicious and easy to make. I made them with my mom all the time when I lived with my parents.
    We don't have them very often much to my husband's dislike. He loves them.
    If you want the recipe just PM me.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2010