Do you think Palin constantly being called "folksy" is insulting??

If I was her I would be kind of pissed by the whole "folksy" thing. I would feel like I wasn't being taken seriously. What do you think and why??

itsme0221

Asked by itsme0221 at 3:03 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Chucks naw!
    cheriV

Answer by cheriV at 3:22 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I think she would be taken more seriously if she stopped winking and saying you betcha'!

craftyleah

Answer by craftyleah at 3:24 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I don't think she gets offended. Is she folksy on purpose? You betcha!
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 3:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Palin has purposely used "folksiness" as a gimmick to win votes. It's was her choice.
    ...Ruth...

Answer by ...Ruth... at 3:35 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• why? she is the one who uses this as a gimmick. if she chooses to do it and said she is a regular folk.then why is it offensive.
    Anonymous

• what's your def of 'folksy'? to me, that means long, flowy dress-wearing hippy-chicks who still worship janis joplin. or perhaps, people who rent booths out at art/crafts fairs to show off their many hot-glued, crocheted, silk flowered arrangements. blue-grass music...whittling, pumpkin-carving....i don't get the whole 'folksy' notion. but, yeah, i think she's exaggerated her 'nature' a bit...again, to seem 'real' and not untouchable, non-elitist, whether it works or not.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 3:43 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I don't think it's insulting. In fact, I think she is consciously TRYING to come off as "folksy."
    mum2gr8byz

Answer by mum2gr8byz at 3:48 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• well now I say that folking thing is just what she wanted to do, now don't ya'll wink wink
    Anonymous

• I think she is trying to apeal to people like the whole Joe six pack thing. If she doesnt like it she needs to find a different way to apeal to people.
    Anonymous

• Your question --"If I was her I would be kind of pissed by the whole "folksy" thing. I would feel like I wasn't being taken seriously. What do you think and why??"

She is not being taken seriously by a large majority, so what does the folksy thing matter?

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 5:34 PM on Oct. 16, 2008