If you caught your husband cheating, would he get a pass the 1st time, for the sake of the children?

Carol936

Asked by Carol936 at 1:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I did in my first marriage 8 year after the first affair he did it again and I was out of there. My kids and I are alot happier now.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• no.
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 1:15 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• mine did cause we just started our family and he was leaving for iraq in 3 weeks i didnt forgive him for a long time but i eventually did
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 1:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• No, it would be a deal breaker for me. i know I would not trust him again after that and I would constantly remind him of it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• No. He knows cheating is an absolute deal breaker.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• maybe, but i'd always be wondering if he was cheating again
    jolee0222

Answer by jolee0222 at 1:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I think it would depend upon how much it bothered me. If I came to the realization that he must not be satisfied with me that he would actually have to go off with someone else behind my back I would have to take that all into consideration. And you will always have the fact that it could happen again in the back of your mind. I'm not sure because I think it would make me upset and then I would have to do something to cope with the fact that something of that magnitude in a relationship did happen and he would want to be forgiven like it was no big deal is a big deal. That is really something you would have to think about.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 1:21 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Only you can answer that for yourself. You know your circumstances and the needs of your family. I don't know what I would do.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 1:21 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• no free pass he knows it we have talked about all aspects of relationships good and bad before we got married. So he knows how I feel about all topics and what I expect from him
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 1:22 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Abso-freaking-lutely NOT!!!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2010