Anyone Seen This Before?

Yesterday when my daughter woke up from her morning nap I noticed she had 4 or 5 clustered white bumps surrounded by redness in her skin on the upper portion of the inside of the crook of her left arm. They didn't seem to bother her and that was an area where her dad's arm was holding her. After a couple of hours they went away, but more sprang up on her right cheek and behind her left ear. They went away after a couple of hours as well and we went to the grocery store. As we were taking her out of her car-seat we noticed more covering the top-right portion of her left wrist. As we were walking through the grocery store they completely dissipated and as I went to put her in the car I noticed more on the top bend of her left foot under her sandal strap. We gave her a bath and I haven't noticed any more. Anyone ever have anything like this? Could it be heat rash? My daughter is almost 13 months old.

MamaBearsFirst

Asked by MamaBearsFirst at 1:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have no idea, maybe talk to her doctor.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 1:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Never seen anything like that before.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• could be a heat rash or something that rubbed on the skin that she is sensitive to. if you gave her a bath and you havent seen anymore since i wouldnt worry and think it was a heat rash or just a simple allergin. but if you see anymore pop up like that i would consult with a doc.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 1:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• thats weird
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 1:19 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• could be heat rash... sounds strange
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 1:24 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• How about Hand Foot and Mouth? Just a thought...in the description they make it sound more sever but I know of people that have VERY mild cases...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand,_foot_and_mouth_disease
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 1:33 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I would call her pedi just to check.
    mom2abby06

Answer by mom2abby06 at 3:22 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My DD had the exact same thing happen as soon as she turned 2 back in July. I've always given her organic milk, and I had to get the regular one day when the store was out. That's when the bumps popped up. And just like you said, it was clusters like mosquito bites, went away, then popped up on different parts of her body over the next week. I think it was an allergic reaction to some hormone in the reg. milk, but every once in a while, one or two will pop up and I giver a tsp of Benedryl. That clears it right up.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• ** give her
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:44 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Thank you all for your comments! I finally found out what it was. She has been having some pretty high temperatures due to teething and it seemed to be a heat/fever rash. They got pretty bad yesterday, but after giving her a lukewarm bath and leaving her in just her diaper for about an hour and of course giving her some tylenol, they went away. Her fevers are still around, but there are no more bumps or redness thank goodness.
    MamaBearsFirst

Comment by MamaBearsFirst (original poster) at 1:09 PM on Sep. 15, 2010