While Dieting do you exercise, or just cut calories and hope that is enough?

Carol936

Asked by Carol936 at 1:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I have to admit I'm lazy, so I don't exercise regularly or when dieting. That's probably the reason why I always seem to have to lose 20 pounds....lol!!
    Ineedmyfix

Answer by Ineedmyfix at 1:21 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Exercise.. exercise..exercise.. lol

Just cutting calories isn't enough to lose weight really. Cutting calories without burning off the calories you take in can help you to maintain the weight you are at. In order to actually lose weight, calories have to be burnt, metabolism has to be raised, ect.. These things take physical exercise.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:21 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i hope to lose wieght without the exercise lol. i am lazy and i dont exercise much. its hard for me to keep on exercising everyday too.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Exercising will tone your body, strengthen your bones, and increase your metabolism. Try to find a type of exercise you like. Everybody should be exercising several times a week, even if they're not trying to lose weight.
    MamaDee2003

Answer by MamaDee2003 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Exercise and eat healthy-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:02 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Both shows the best results. I did both for 6 weeks and lost 20 lbs. The next 10 lbs took me almost 4 months.
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 4:55 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I've cut calories to below what's appropriate for my current activity level and I'm changing my lifestyle by doing active things that I like. I'm not one for going to the gym for the rest of my life just to maintain my weight loss. I know I have to change my lifestyle to keep the weight off. But I prefer to find ways that I will maintain for the rest of my life. Exercise isn't just about the gym or doing crunches, it's about being physically active everyday no matter what the activity is.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:50 AM on Sep. 14, 2010