Anyone work at a doctors office (front desk)? Im applying for college for medical terminology and medical insurance billing

I was told i can take Coding too. the medical terminology is 1 and 2 for $375 through a technical school ONLINE and medical insurance billing is the same price. they are both 3 months long. What else should i take that can benefit? I only want to work in the front answering phones.. I dont want nothing to do with needles lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• that should be enough for what you want to do. you may want to take a microsoft office program with word,excel and powerpoint too if you are not familiar with those.
    karenshell

Answer by karenshell at 1:31 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Do you have to be certified? I know that the program at the college down the street from me takes a year and the course covers the certification test.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 1:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• You want to do Administrative Medical Assisting or Medical Billing and coding. You should take classes in billing, coding, typing, office procedures, computer class(windows, excel,access,outlook), and a medical front office class, and medical terminology. I would suggest that you take medical terminology in a classroom setting because you will really learn that way because you have to. When taking a class online it's easy to use your textbook when your not supposed to, but computer classes can be done online easily. Good Luck.
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 1:54 PM on Sep. 13, 2010