Do you buy organic food? Why or why not?

MistressMinerva

Asked by MistressMinerva at 1:21 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• It depends on the product. fruits and vegetables taste better when they are organic, other things like cerals and milk I think are a waste of money.
    mommabear53

Answer by mommabear53 at 1:23 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I like to buy organic produce in the summer because it last longer in the fridge than regular grocery store produce.
    kristi95

Answer by kristi95 at 1:23 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Nope it is to expensive.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:25 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• no its expensive... i have a garden, that's our organic stuff
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 1:26 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• No I don't, it's way to expensive.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 2:20 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• depends...fruits mainly...but if i find a good deal on the price i will everytime....babyfood always!!!
    andee1216

Answer by andee1216 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Mostly no. I rarely have the option around here, and when I do it's 2 or 3 times the cost, which I simply can't do right now... I also don't tend to see the extra benefit in most cases. Is it healthier for us? Yeah, but is it so much healthier that it's worth going way out of our way to find and purchase? I don't know... I'm just happy to get the kids to eat veggies, organic or not...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:21 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• No, not really. I honestly don't think it makes much of a difference and the price isn't worth it. Plus, I keep kosher and organic produce can be infested with bugs because of the lack of pesticides and that's a big no-no for us kosher eaters. I once bought some organic spinach and it took me forever to check it for bugs, I ended up throwing it away, it was filled with signs of infestation.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 7:44 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• eventually i plan to have my family fully organic. but right now it's when i find a good deal or i go buy in bulk. the difference is only 10 cents a pound. and the benefits are worth that. remember, with organic food, you're paying for what you aren't getting. junk. instead you're getting lower health costs and doctors bills.
    Hollea

Answer by Hollea at 12:37 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• No, I didn't. I don't even know if it was available 6 yrs ago like it is now.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:45 AM on Sep. 14, 2010