Do you believe in Karma?

Asked by MistressMinerva at 1:22 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well I believe that the energy we put out into the Universe always comes back to us. If it's negative, we experience negative, if it's positive energy we experience postive in return.
    What we do to others, we do to ourselves.

Answer by sahmamax2 at 1:26 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yup, I sure do.

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 1:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Not as a cosmic force or anything. But I do believe that if people see you being nice they're more likely to be nice, and if they see you NOT being nice they're not going to be as likely to... In that sense I believe people often get what they deserve.

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:28 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yes.

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:28 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• (yeah, lol I know that's not exactly how karma works, but you get my point.) ;)

• HECK YES I DO!! I have seen it happen and I have had it happen I hacve learned my lesson not to mess with certain things

Answer by butterfly3206 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yes, what comes around, goes around.

Answer by tasches at 1:32 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yes I believe in karma

Answer by Alisim at 1:33 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Absolutely! However you treat others, you will get the same in return.

Answer by Ineedmyfix at 1:33 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Having been raised Hindu. I am a very firm and devout believer in Karma.
    The way I was taught/raised about Karma, however, is very different than what I see many expressing as being "karma".
    I do not believe in the "Americanized" karmic view ( a term I saw used in another thread and asked if I could I believe in the eastern HIndu philosophy of Karma. Which is different. Karma is not a divine hammer of justice that punishes bad and rewards good. Karma is basic physics. For every action there is a reaction. For every cause there is an affect. Everything I do, I say, I even think creates my Karma. I may not see the direct affects of my actions, but everything I do (say, think) causes ripples in this world. For good or ill, the ripples are created. What I do to someone, how I think, how I act, creates my karma. What someone else does, creates their's. My karma is mine to carry from lifetime to lifetime.

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:38 PM on Sep. 13, 2010