Do you believe in Karma?

MistressMinerva

Asked by MistressMinerva at 1:22 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well I believe that the energy we put out into the Universe always comes back to us. If it's negative, we experience negative, if it's positive energy we experience postive in return.
    What we do to others, we do to ourselves.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 1:26 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yup, I sure do.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 1:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Not as a cosmic force or anything. But I do believe that if people see you being nice they're more likely to be nice, and if they see you NOT being nice they're not going to be as likely to... In that sense I believe people often get what they deserve.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:28 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yes.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:28 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• (yeah, lol I know that's not exactly how karma works, but you get my point.) ;)
    bandgeek521

• HECK YES I DO!! I have seen it happen and I have had it happen I hacve learned my lesson not to mess with certain things
    butterfly3206

Answer by butterfly3206 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yes, what comes around, goes around.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:32 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yes I believe in karma
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 1:33 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Absolutely! However you treat others, you will get the same in return.
    Ineedmyfix

Answer by Ineedmyfix at 1:33 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Having been raised Hindu. I am a very firm and devout believer in Karma.
    The way I was taught/raised about Karma, however, is very different than what I see many expressing as being "karma".
    I do not believe in the "Americanized" karmic view ( a term I saw used in another thread and asked if I could adopt.lol) I believe in the eastern HIndu philosophy of Karma. Which is different. Karma is not a divine hammer of justice that punishes bad and rewards good. Karma is basic physics. For every action there is a reaction. For every cause there is an affect. Everything I do, I say, I even think creates my Karma. I may not see the direct affects of my actions, but everything I do (say, think) causes ripples in this world. For good or ill, the ripples are created. What I do to someone, how I think, how I act, creates my karma. What someone else does, creates their's. My karma is mine to carry from lifetime to lifetime.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:38 PM on Sep. 13, 2010