when to try for baby number 2?

my son is gonna be 2 November 2nd. I really want to have a second child..What is a good age gap ?

f3licia21

Asked by f3licia21 at 1:22 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I want to wait until the first is potty trained before we try for #2
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 1:24 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• No one can tell you that. That is something you and your DH/SO need to decide on.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:24 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• That is something you and your Dh/So have to decide. It is different for all couples.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:24 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Its really up to you. I personally wanted only 2 - 3 years between kids, but even if we were to get pregnant right now, our kids would be 3 1/2 - 4 years apart. I can tell you that my sister and I 10 years apart, and we still adore each other, so there is no age difference that's too large. It all comes down to how close you want them, if you want to wait until your first is potty trained, or if you don't mind having two in diapers, etc, etc. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:26 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Thi one is sooooo hard. I think it is all a matter of preference. I still only have one but I have heard reasoning from all over the board. Some LOVE having them right next to eachother. They feel they will have greater bonds and then you get through the baby stages sooner. I personally think it's nuts! It's hard enough dealing with one let alone 2 so close in age. You will be so busy you will miss all the fun things. We are in the process of looking for another baby to adopt but decided we don't want them to be more than 3 years apart. I just worry that they won't be close enough the farther apart they are. This said my Cousins are 5 years apart and LOVE it. I don't know if it is because the oldest is a girl and she saw her younger brother as "her" baby or what. She was soo helpful and because they were so far apart in age they rarely fought. The reason being that they weren't competing for the same things. GL
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 1:29 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• thanks very true..i probably would want to wait until my son ois potty trained ..lol so many mixed feelingsss i guess lol
    f3licia21

Comment by f3licia21 (original poster) at 1:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My son is 27 months and we are trying for another. Sadly after being two weeks late I just started my period :(
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 1:32 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I have 3 kids ages 5,3 & 1. The great thing about them being so close together is you are always in the habit of carring a diaper bag!!! But eveyone is different. I like that my kids will all be in grade school together so the oldest can help my youngest be more at ease when he starts school. I am thinking about going for # 4 now!!!
    ttfntigger13

Answer by ttfntigger13 at 4:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Personally I want DS to be almost in Kindergarden. That way he will be at school when we have a newborn.
    colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 4:34 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My son will be 3 in October and I'm pregnant with baby #2. My son will be almost 3 1/2 when the baby is born. For us that seemed like a good age difference. It really depends on what you want to do.
    Sillieguze

Answer by Sillieguze at 6:46 PM on Sep. 13, 2010