McCain's Jokes-Offensive?

When McCain was said to have made a joke about the then young Chelsea Clinton's looks, I thought it couldn't be true. Sadly it was. "Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly?" he asked...Then he answered, "Because her father is Janet Reno." I found this disgusting that a grown man could make fun of a young lady's physical appearance. Then there's this one: He said a woman was dragged off, beaten, and raped repeatidly by a wild ape. She passed out. When she came to, he said she sighed and asked "Where's that marvelous ape?" He said these jokes to large audiences in public. What kind of judgement does that show, and how can his supporters overlook stuff like this ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Riiiggghhhtttt. Nice try. Get a life.
    Anonymous

• Where does it say this? Where did you see him say this to a large group of people?
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:06 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPnfnB7fRek
    the ape joke was told in the 80's though

i have more issues with him joking about bombing iran.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 3:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• yeah he is hopelessly sad! no social skills, none at all!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:12 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• HA! HA! My hubby said the same thing about Hilary while Bill was off doing his thing w/ Monica!! Ha!! lol.. But really where does it say that McCain said this???
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 3:13 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I searched the internet and I don't see this story - would you post your source?
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 3:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Awwww.....is that the best you can do???
    Anonymous

• I'm not a McCain supporter. But, I hope that if you're an Obama supporter you're not passing around garbage rumors about McCain.
    ...Ruth...

Answer by ...Ruth... at 3:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• LOL ...."Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly?" he asked...Then he answered, "Because her father is Janet Reno."....you got to admit, that is pretty darn funny!

nope not funny at all. and yes this was said by mccain.
    Anonymous

• Come on now... what about the one about Joe the plumber...ain't that the $#!+ ! ~lol~
    cheriV

Answer by cheriV at 3:36 PM on Oct. 16, 2008