WHAT SHOULD I DO MY BABY ATE A DEAD ROACH? SHE WAS PLAYING WITH DVDS ON THE FLOOR AND IT WAS ON THE SHELF. SHOPULD I TAKE HER TO THE DOCTOR?

NIYAHSMOMMYY

Asked by NIYAHSMOMMYY at 1:31 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Only if it was killed with a pesticide.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 1:32 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Actually roaches and bugs are good for you we jut dont eat them cuz well thats gross. but she is fine please dont worry!
    butterfly3206

Answer by butterfly3206 at 1:32 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• First off YUCK!!! Anyway, I'm sure she'll be fine. I'm sure a country somewhere eats them.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 1:33 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Gross.. Depends on if it was killed with pesticides or not.. You should probably get rid of them before you let your child live there
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:34 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I would at least,call the doctor!!! To be safe! Get her out of that place that has roaches!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:36 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• If pesticides have EVER been sprayed in the home, contact your child's doctor.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:38 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• IT WAS NOT A HOUSE ROACH MY PLACE DOES NOT HAVE ROACHES WE LIVE IN A AREA WHERE THERE IS A LOT OF TREES AND IT GOT IN THE HOUSE!!!
    NIYAHSMOMMYY

Comment by NIYAHSMOMMYY (original poster) at 1:44 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I am sure she will be fine.. My ds ate a horsefly once. He was fine. You could call the ped. if it would make you feel better and ask them what to do.
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 1:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• If you live in the woods, it was probably a woodroach. Don't panic, just call the doctor and ask. I'm sure it's fine, but it can't hurt to call.
    1daughter6dogs

Answer by 1daughter6dogs at 1:51 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• gross as it sounds that actually good protein. China eats insects all the time. But ya I wouldn't worry, its just the idea of it.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 1:53 PM on Sep. 13, 2010