Do you buy books or borrow books from the library

I tend to buy as my library is only open on 4 days and weird hours

pbilotti

Asked by pbilotti at 1:34 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I buy them. Sometimes I like to re-read the ones I really loved when I dont have money to buy the new ones I want. I like to collect them.
    nickolyn

Answer by nickolyn at 1:49 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I have a Nook, so I buy some and download them. A lot of times you can get several for free.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 1:35 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I buy I love books WAY too much to only have them for a little bit I tend to like to go back and reread later. especially if a sequel comes out I reread the first one before reading the new one
    butterfly3206

Answer by butterfly3206 at 1:35 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• The Library is my best friend.... its free... I go online, request the books, movies and music I want and they get it all together and email when it is ready for pick up.... I love it!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 1:38 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i buy books from authors that i tend to really enjoy... but i try to borrow as much as possible... but our library has ridiculous hours too so it's hard.

i also buy classics when i find them at yard sales/thrift shops...
    MrsDex

Answer by MrsDex at 1:38 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• We always go to the library. my daughter always checks out books. I get a book and never read it. But we cant afford to go out and buy books. Plus were at the library almost every day.
    SingleMommy21

Answer by SingleMommy21 at 1:39 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I have a Kindle, I buy them.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:39 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Both.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:40 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I love the library. I'm at the library a few times a week generally. So for the most part, I use the library.

Books I buy are usually either books that I love so much that I re-read them often. Or rare books/hard to find books.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:40 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Every Thursday our family goes to the library. We all borrow books. Once a year when they have a book sale, we might buy some. But we all read SO much that we can't really afford to buy all the books we want. My oldest and I read 1-3 books a week. And the little one gets a story at bedtime in addition to whatever she "reads" during the day (she's 4- not really reading yet)
    emhain

Answer by emhain at 1:41 PM on Sep. 13, 2010