What is the best way to clean hardwood floors?

jjjjsmom

Asked by jjjjsmom at 1:41 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Yes, please ... I need to know as well. BUMP!!!
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 1:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Damp rag. Sealed hardwood does not require much. I have 50 year old oak hardwood floors and I use a simple spray made of vinegar and water with a touch of orange essential oil. I spray and wipe it off.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 1:45 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I like to use Murphy's Oil Soap - they make a hardwood floor cleaner and polish.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I use Bona. I bought it at Lowe's.
    hope4emma

Answer by hope4emma at 4:57 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Vacuum/dry mop the floor. Use a 1/2 cup of white vinegar to a gallon of warm water solution. Immerse a clean mop into the solution and wring it until it is damp-dry. Never use a soaking wet mop on the floor Mop the floor, starting in one corner. Mop with the direction of the floorboards. If the water dries with a bit of a streak in it, if you’ve mopped in the direction of the floorboards it will not be as visible. Rinse the mop head frequently. Change water if the solution begins to look very dirty. After mopping your hardwood floor, you can use a soft, clean towel to dry it or let it air dry. If the floor looks very wet, you may wish to use a towel. While a bit of water won’t hurt most While a bit of water won’t hurt most finishes, it’s never a good idea to leave a lot of water on wood products.
    bergencounty

Answer by bergencounty at 7:04 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I put one tablespoon of white vinegar and one cup of water into a small squirt bottle. Then I just squirt it on the floor and mop with a micro fiber mop.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:02 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i was going to say vinegar and water as well. make sure you have a good rag to buff the solution up with.
    Hollea

Answer by Hollea at 12:40 AM on Sep. 14, 2010