How did you know that he was THE ONE?

BriHan06

Asked by BriHan06 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• We met online and just clicked instantly. We met chatted one night, met in person the very next night and we were already looking forward to meeting, but we were both completely hooked from the minute we laid eyes on each other, kissed within the first 10 seconds and have been inseparable ever since and that was almost 4 years ago. And we are still as crazy about each other as that first night.
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 8:20 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Everything clicked. He was what I was looking for in a partner for the rest of my life.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 1:45 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I just did.. He is just totally different than all the rest♥
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:45 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• There was no one single reason, or even a list of reasons that I could actually list out.

It was his "being". Him that's it.. It was who and what he is.. His worldview, his life view, his energy.. HIs overall being is what made me know he was the one. I liked the way he treated me, I liked the things he did, I liked how he looked..ect..ect.. But those things, those things are just the icing on the cake for me. If his being wasn't worthy, then those things wouldn't have mattered to me, and would not have made any impact on me one way or the other. It is his being, his self, that made him the one.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:54 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• it came down to the age old cliche my mother had always said and I had always though she was full of bull hockey. which was when its the right man, you KNOW. you dont question, you dont wonder or worry. You feel it through and through and KNOW that its right.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 2:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I couldn't imagine spending any one of my "big" moments in life without him by my side. He was my best friend, my lover, and the only person I could imagine spending my life with.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:46 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I don't know. I just always knew. From the first time I saw him, in 6th grade, I knew, and after all we've been through I know there isn't anyone else. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• A lot of what the pp have said, and he's always been there for me, through thick and thin......dating a woman with a child by another man is not an easy thing to do, and he took it all in stride.
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 1:52 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i knew right away..im not exactly sure "how" i knew...i just did. i was 15 and i remember only dating him for a week when i wrote a letter(that i never did give him) that said "..i want to wake up next to you each morning,..." or something to that effect,..and after being forced not to see each other by my parents and doing so secretly for a little over a year(we where together 1 year before being told not to see each other) i KNEW id marry him and have his children,..we got married when i was 17 and now we have 3 children together and couldnt be happier.
    i think you can know if the guy is "the one" by if every other guy you're with you compare to him.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 1:53 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I dated my DH for about a year, broke up & went out with other guys but in the back of my mind I always knew that he was the "one". I think that is why I originally broke up with him, to just make sure I was right about him. Wierd but true. He dated other girls too while we were broken up. He went away to school and I thought that was it for us. I met a mutual friend who said that he asks about me a lot and I called him and the rest is history. For me, I had to test the water first before I was sure, I was just lucky that he felt the same about me & it worked out.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:55 PM on Sep. 13, 2010