Mildew in fabrics any removal tips?

My daughter left her wet Aero Hoodie in her backpack. It has some mildew on it it light yellow in color. I just found it in the back of her closet. It is now dry but as they are so expensive and it is fairly new I would love to see if I can get the mildew out of the hoodie. It is lightwieght fabric.

steveiguana

Asked by steveiguana at 1:45 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Bleach is the only thing i ever treat with mildew. It kills the mildew on contact. She may go from having a light yellow hoodie to a white hoodie but it will get the mildew gone and dead for good.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 1:48 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• If you soak it with a LIGHT bleach solution it should kill the mildew and keep the hoodie yellow...pastels you can usually bleach without them fading the color!
    EmmaNemma22

Answer by EmmaNemma22 at 3:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I was afraid of that she loves yellow so I am hoping tha several washes will lighten the mildew staisn. She usually is careful with her stuff esp her clothing. I think she just had a teen momment with this one.
    steveiguana

Comment by steveiguana (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Sep. 13, 2010