• In the Spotlight:

Whats up with the word "Prego"

I dont know why but this word just rubs me the wrong way! Everytime I hear this word I shutter and associate it with "Whoops" this is a mistake. Or not taking pregnancy seriously or the spagetti sauce. Enlighten me please!

Esmrlda

Asked by Esmrlda at 3:06 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I know how you feel, the word gets on my nerves, too.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 3:13 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• its just a nickname for pregnant thats all
    babykins362003

Answer by babykins362003 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• It doesn't bother me, it's like saying boobs instead of breasts, maybe not a word I'd use, but not a big deal.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:08 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I feel the same way about "preggers".... If you don't like a word theres not much to do about it. I use preggo all the time and I know I'm taking the pregnancy "seriously", maybe a little too much b/c we had one stillborn in the past. I'd say people just liek using "cute" names for it
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• If the use of the word "prego" or 'preggers" is all you have to rub you the wrong way congratulations for having a perfect life. Lighten up. If I got in a twist everytime some slng word irritated me I'd have no time to do anything else.
    Anonymous

• what about the phrase "your eggo is preggo?" does that rub you wrong too? someone must have rubbed you right you are pregnant... lol (sorry had to~ pregs too so you can call me a slut if you want i know i love it~)
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:21 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I love being called Prego. Mostly because it's better than when Aunt Flo is in town and getting called Ragu. Not kidding, lol.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 3:24 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• lol..i think you need to get off these forums because those 2 words are gonna be used...ppl like saying them instead of pregnant and pregnancy..oh and what the hell makes you think we dont take our pregnancies serious becuase we use those words and who the hell are you to say we dont? you sound like that one chick on here who was bashing someone just for posting alot like she had no life. dumb fuck question.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:26 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Wow there are some nasty people on here... and it makes me wonder why they think that you must think just like them. I hate those words too, and there's no shame or ignorance in that. The beauty of thinking is that you DO have a choice... remember that, tnteaton.
    Anonymous

• yall fightin over a word! come on now..just because ppl right preggo dont mean nothing. Maybe beacause they dont wanna write pregnant now in days we short of words. I know i do alot.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 16, 2008