Best birthday party idea, theme, etc. you've ever seen?

My daughter will turn 5 in Dec. and am starting to think about what to do. We have done the bounce place & gymnastics place parties. What are some good ideas that you have seen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• makeup/tea party- girls come in dresses. Get lots of makeup samples and have 1 or 2 moms doing makeup. they go thru the arches and get pic taken. have a tea party.

Swim parties are fun- in Dec you would have to find an indoor pool.

We did a new years eve party one time. It was great! Had all kids sleepover. They stayed up late..rang in the new year with white grape juice. Had a chocolate fountain. I think it was my dd's 7th bday party. 5 may be too young for sleepover.

ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:08 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Someone just had a link to a rock party. It sounded great.
    It was last week.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:59 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I LOOOOVE birthdays!!! I think it really depends on the age and the likes/dislikes of your specific child, but there are a ton, ton, ton, ton of great parties out there!!

For my daughters first birthday we did a Sesame Street theme. I made her an Elmo cake that was 2 feet tall, he was sitting up and holding the symbolic "first birthday cake" and the entire party was a HUGE HIT! We had a bounce house, tons of games, etc. etc. For her second, we did an Old MacDonald theme, where we rented ponies to do pony rides, had corn on the cob cup-cake cake, and again tons of games (pin the tale on the donkey, etc.) it just depends on what your kid is into!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 5:02 PM on Sep. 13, 2010