Mac & Cheese

Does anyone have any good recipes for this? My dd and ds love the stuff.

Bugbait

Asked by Bugbait at 1:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Boil some water & then put in a box of spaghetti noodles.. Let them cook, then drain them.. Add milk (enough to make it creamy, you can make it as creamy as you like).. and add in a 24 pack of sliced cheese (singles)(Kraft or Coburn farms).. Then about 1/4 cup of butter. Let the cheese melt .. Be sure to keep stirring! Its delicious!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:00 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I always wing mine. I like to combine mexican queso with sharp cheddar. I like creamy mac & cheese rather than just the sharp cheddar taste. It's pretty easy. This is pretty much my recipe, except i play with the cheese. Like i said, i think just sharp cheddar alone is not so good. I like to mix up my cheese a bit.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/baked-macaroni-and-cheese-recipe/index.html

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:00 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Baked Macaroni & Cheese

16 oz. box elbow macaroni
    1/4 c. margarine or butter
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 tsp. onion powder
    1 tsp. ground mustard
    1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (this does not make it hot, it adds zest!)
    3 Tbsp. flour
    3 c. half and half or milk or 50/50 of each (I use 2 cans of evaporated milk for this)
    1 1/2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
    1 lb. Velveeta, cut into small cubes
    salt & pepper to taste
    1/2 grated parmesan cheese

(continued)
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 2:02 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 2 quart or larger casserole dish. Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente (do not overcook the pasta), about 7 minutes. Drain but do not rinse. Place in a bowl and add another 2 Tbsp. butter to prevent sticking, set aside.
    Melt 1/4 c. butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add in minced garlic, onion powder, mustard powder and cayenne pepper; stir with a wooden spoon for about 3 - 4 minutes. Add in flour and stir for 1 minute. Slow add milk and cook, stirring constantly over medium heat until bubbly and thickened. Reduce heat and add in cheddar and Velveeta cheeses; mix until melted and smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the cooked pasta and toss to combine. Transfer to casserole dish. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 2:03 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I have a great mac & cheese recipe:
    Cook 1lb of whole wheat shells or elbows
    1 can of campbells cheddar cheese soup pour in pot shred up 1/2cup sharp cheddar, prov, smoke swiss, sharp swiss.melt in pot with the soup.
    Cut up two slices about a 1/4 in think of honey ham or maple ham when everything is melted and pasta is done mix cheese sauce in with the pasta and bake in the over for 35 minutes then you can put french fried onions on the top or rizts crackers crubbled bake for another 10 minutes pull out of oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes and serve.
    I make garlic bread and carrots or corn for the veggie. Let me know if you make it how you liked it. I hope you enjoy.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:09 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I use alton's recipe too.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I add salsa and sour cream every now and then. And a handful of shredded cheese always makes it better! :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:45 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I use spaghetti instead of elbow macaroni. Boil 8 oz. spaghetti until al dente. Meanwhile make cheese sauce as follows: make a roux of 2 Tbls each butter and flour, add 2 cups milk and 1 1/2 tsp dry mustard. Whisk and cook over medium heat until slightly thickened. Add 2 cups shredded cheese of your choice, (I use sharp cheddar) and stir until cheese melts. Drain spaghetti and mix with cheese sauce
    Bake about 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 8:15 PM on Sep. 13, 2010