Do have trouble getting your kid to brush their teeth?

My 11 year old daughter will actually go to school without brushing. It's gross! I don't understand why and how she can. It's the first thing my husband, son and I do when we get up in the morning, so why is she different? Anybody else have/had this problem?

Ineedmyfix

Asked by Ineedmyfix at 2:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• It's not uncommon for kid's to kind of "rebel" in this area. Maybe if you pull up some of the grossest tooth decay pictures online you can find and show her....that is what will happen to her's if she doesn't brush......she just might brush more often without being told:)))
    momof3angela

Answer by momof3angela at 2:07 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Well, once her friends start letting her know how they feel about it she might decide to feel the way you do. Good luck to you! =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 2:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yes!!! my nine year old daughter will not brush properly and that to me is not brushing at all...every time we go to the dentist, she always has cavities. I've bought her the preventative cavity fighter, the pretty little flossers for kids and she refuses to brush properly. Just last week I took her to the dentist because she was complaining of her tooth hurting. The dentist took x-rays and couldn't find inflamation or disease...just recommended her to brush properly...So now, I go into the bathroom and make sure she brushes properly...its irritating because I'm trying to get her to the next stage of being independent and this isn't helping at all!
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:48 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yes, my 11 year old son is terrible about it. It is so embarrassing,
    Nolasweetie

Answer by Nolasweetie at 9:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yes, yes, yes, yes. My daughter does the same thing it drives me crazy!!!!
    jerilyn369

Answer by jerilyn369 at 10:31 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• my son goes into the restroom every morning and comes out saying that he brushed his teeth, i always check his teeth before he goes to school and i will not leave the driveway until his teeth r brushed correctly. i also carry the disposable toothbrushes in my car just in case i forget, it drives him crazy but he will thank me for it 1 day.
    hollieshobbie

Answer by hollieshobbie at 11:02 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My kids brush after every meal. We started teaching them to do that and they just do.
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 9:38 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• My 10 soon to be 11 son doesn't brush his like he is suppose to. He will put a 1/2 size of a pea amount toothpaste on and pass the brush left to right and right to left and then he's done. Problem is everytime he goes to the Dentist he starts brushing a little better a week before and lo and behold he has never had a cavity. So he doesn't understand the importantance and everyone including the Dentist has explained the importance of brushing for 3 minutes not 3 seconds.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 9:06 AM on Sep. 15, 2010