Would you punish your child for telling you he was gay?(If he was still a minor under your roof)

"He’s 14 and when he told me this I made him leave the house and not come back till he was acting normal. He came back, but was adamant that he was going to stay in this mind set. That obviosly [sic] didn’t work, so I need to find out what will."

This is what I just read about what a mother did to her 14 yr old DS after coming out to her. So, those that feel it is a "sin"....would you punish them? Is this an appropriate reaction, IYO? How do you think you would handle it? Hold him in your arms and show him love, or cast him out?
Also, if you believe it's a "sin", do you not also believe you are a sinner?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 2:10 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The reaction of this so called mother is one of a selfish being, wanting to force her wants and likes and dislikes on her son, never for a moment stopping to sit in his shoes, sad, but it happens so often. Really some people do not deserve the gift of children they are way too wrapped up in themselves.

Answer by older at 7:47 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I was about to cuss you out until I read the whole thing! lol.

I think she shouldn't even be allowed to be a freaking mother! If my child was gay I would certainly hope they would feel comfortable enough to tell me.. & I would support them 100%. I see no difference in loving a man or a woman as long as they make you happy.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:11 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• That is one mean nasty Mom. I would NOT punish my son for being born Gay. They ARE born gay,you know.
    wow.....this is disgusting. Where did you see this?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I would not punish my child for being gay. I strongly believe that gay people are born that way and I do not think God makes mistakes. There have also been several religious scholars that say that the passage in Paul (the only quote in the New Testament about homosexuality) was misinterpreted.
    Mom2_Jimmy_Anka

Answer by Mom2_Jimmy_Anka at 2:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Bump

I don't believe it's a sin, so I can't help you with your question.
    Knit2Purl2

Answer by Knit2Purl2 at 2:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My child is who he/she is........I would never punish him/her for who he/she is. Being gay isn't a choice or a lifestyle, it just is........the same way being straight just is.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 2:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I support the gay rights so I wouldn't punish. W/e makes them happy should be okay. We don't live in the past anymore so things change. I would support him all the way.
    charmd18

Answer by charmd18 at 2:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• She sounds like a winner! I think I might be shocked if any of my sons told me they were gay, but I would never punish them! I'm not a Christian so the sin thing doesn't matter to me. My child will still be my child even if they're gay.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 2:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Absolutely not! I would support my children 100%.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 2:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I think that "mother" is not a mother at all. IF this story is true, my heart goes out to that young boy. No my children aren't gay, but if they were I'd love them no less. This is sad to read...........shame on her.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 2:18 PM on Sep. 13, 2010