Silly question for Creationists

For people that don't believe in Evolution, and believe in the whole god created .... in 6 days thing.

Do you believe in Dinosaurs? Where do they fit into everything?

muensters_ma

Asked by muensters_ma at 2:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• What about the changes that are seen today in one species? The dinosaurs could just be a cosmic joke, but that doesn't explain how swine flu changed from a pig disease that doesn't affect people into one that kills people...

Or is that just magic, like the way the tv comes one when I push a button?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I don't fall in to this category, I'm a fan of Creator Guided Evolution... But my mother believe in both creation and dinosaurs, so this is what we were taught... "The bible states that creation took 6 days, however it also states that to God 1000 years is like a day. And because it's not an exact measure the point was to say that one of God's days was not equal to our 24 hour day... Therefore, creation could have taken millions or more years, over which time he created dinosaurs and other pre-historic creatures."

Again, not what I think, but what I was always taught...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:18 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• There are a couple places in the Bible (Job for example) where great beasts are described that are probably dinosaurs. There are also cave/wall paintings that depict them as well as wall carvings and some funeral objects that show dinosaurs from well before the first fossils were ever discovered and called "dinosaurs." I believe they DID exist at one time.
    catfur66

Answer by catfur66 at 2:34 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• It could be possible that the flood waters of Genesis receeded and placed the carcass' and fossils of the dinosaurs in an un expected more lower layer of earth, and makes accurate dating difficult. I have not studied on this but it is just an idea of mine.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 2:35 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I believe that God created dinosaurs. They went extinct at some point, but I don't know when. And yes, the Bible states that every thing was created in 6 24 hr days. "The evening and the morning was the 1st day" (or the 2nd, 3rd, etc.).
    Juniper53098

Answer by Juniper53098 at 2:44 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I don't have a personal take on the dinosaurs, but I believe the argument is that they existed prior to the Great Flood, and then became extinct as a result of the flood.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 3:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I believe in both. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 6:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I don't accept evolution quite as it is presented, because there have been a lot of leaps of "faith" presented as fact (remember Nebraska Man? He was a pig's tooth). I do believe in what some would call micro-evolution, but I don't accept the idea that we share a common ancestor with the apes, and I won't believe it as long as the missing link remains missing.

What Sabrina said sums up what I was going to say. I do accept the fossil evidence because it exists (unlike the missing link connecting us to our supposed ancestors). I think that God created dinosaurs when He created the first animals. I don't take the six days of Creation as a literal six days.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:49 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• just like Juniper said, it was in 6 literal days. we know this because "the evening and morning were the first day" (Gen 1:5) Carbon dating is not accurate, with the worldwide flood, there is no way of knowing how old things are from that point back, the waters moved things around, sediments, rock, ect.

also, like catfur said, there are "great beasts" mentioned in the bible that we can more than likely believe were dinosaurs, it's what we call them now, they may not have been called that back in those days.

also, having dinosaurs exist before man goes totally against what is written in God's word. Before the fall of man (sin) there was no death. the first physical death on earth was when God killed animals to clothe Adam and Eve, He used the innocent blood of an animal to cover their sin. from then on, there has always been innocent bloodshed for the forgiveness of sin. until God robed himself in flesh & did it for us.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i'm evo believer...

but they will explain that they walked the world with us as their theory.. although I don't agree with their time scales, etc.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2010