Is is okay that I am 10 weeks pregnant and I have not gained any weight?

My appetite has been strong, and I have not been vomiting. I am not sure if this is relevant, but I started out about 20 pounds overweight.

TacoMama

Asked by TacoMama at 3:16 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You are fine. Many women lose weight during the first trimester due to vomitting. You will make it up during the second and third. Mention it to your doctor or midwife anyway though.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 3:18 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• me too, 10 wks until sunday , then on to 11 wks! and i havent gained a pound but i am not too thin... my shape has changed but no weight gain, i know it is coming, no worries ~
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:20 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I lost 20 lbs in my first trimester due to morning sickness, but still managed in the end to come out 50lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight. You are only 10 weeks right now, no worries on the lack of weight gain. You will be weighed at every doctors appointment, and if they become concerned, believe me you will know.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:21 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• yes! i didnt start gaining weight til 21 weeks.. and then all of the sudden.. waboom! lol
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 3:22 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• i lost 15 pounds the first 5 months .your fine
    marymommy112406

Answer by marymommy112406 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I'm overweight too. I'm 16 weeks and have only gained about 2 lbs... that's the perfect amount for me. Your only 10 weeks, it's normal!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 4:11 PM on Oct. 16, 2008