Do I invite my husbands ex girl friend over?

His ex and I have been chatting for quit a while now and we seem to get along very well. However we have only comunicated on myspace and have only talked on the phone once but we know a bit about eachother now and would really like to meet and person. We also have many things in common.I am the jelouse type and my husband is not to sure about me inviting her over but I think hes just acting like that cause what else is he supposed to say. She is such a sweet girl and we both would like to meet one another but is this a huge mistake that I would be makeing? She just seperated from her long time boy friend and she called me last night wanting to know if my husband and I wanted to get togeather for the game this sunday. I really want to but would like advice from other women on this. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• I am 22, my SO is 23, and his High School Sweetheart is 21. She lives down south, going to college, but her and I keep in touch, and when she comes home for Christmas Break she will be coming over to meet the baby and we will all be going out to dinner. We see her on a semi-regular basis when she comes into town, and even though it is I who keeps in touch with her, Ryan is never uncomfortable around her or anything else. It has been years since they were together, and I am not jealous at all of their friendship.

That being said, if your husband really is uncomfortable with her coming over, maybe the two of you (you and the ex) can go to lunch or something to meet?
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:24 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• She called after she broke up with her boyfriend? It sounds like she's fishing to me. Don't let your husband be her rebound guy. Don't put yourself in that situation...that's  just asking...no...BEGGING for trouble...especially if you are the jealous type. No way, no how, unh-uh.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 3:25 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I would not invite her over. Not sure what this friendship is suppose to bring. I believe it will lead to issues, much bigger than what you are willing to deal with. Bad situation and will put your DH in a very bad position. There are too many other fishes in the sea to find friendship with. I think the only reason why you have persued a relationship with her is because she is your DH's ex and your curious about her.
    Anonymous

• Personally I wouldn't want to talk to any of my husband's ex girlfriends. I am not the jealous type either, but this world is big enough to find friends who used to not be with my husband in the past. In the long run it will cause less drama!
    babymakr

Answer by babymakr at 3:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• She did not contact me right after her and her ex borke up... we have been talking for about a year and a half now and yes I am curiouse about her cause she is his very last ex but not only that, I really think that we would get a long very well. I just had to clear that up about her only contacting me after they broke up cause that was not the case but I would still love any advice that you may have. Thanks again
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 3:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Honestly, I wouldn't do it... I most likely wouldn't even be talking to her, not out of rudeness, but just because it would seem to me that that part of his life is best left in the past. But, since you ARE talking to her, and your husband is as well, I suppose getting together one and a while would be fine. If you have nagging worries though, you might be smart to keep this relationship with her very formal, and hopefuly your husband is too. I assume you trust your husband to keep a renewed relationship with this woman very open and agreeable to you in every way. This will never work without that sort of trust. It would be hard on me though... I (perhaps wrongly) wouldn't even try. Good luck! ;)
    Anonymous

• No, my husband has never talked to her since they broke up and he doesnt want to and I think thats why he feels weired about her coming over. My husband is a pleaser so he wants whatever makes me happy but Im worried that this might not be the right thing cause she did leave him for another guy but I really dont think that bothers him anymore cause that was forever ago.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 3:34 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• No, this woman is an ex for a reason. No matter how nice she is, she is OFF limits for anything. You should be nice to her on myspace but that's IT. Don't be so trusting. Girls are sneaky. Don't put yourself in a position you might regret. Back your hubby on this one. I've tried being nice to my hubby's ex's and they've all turned on me. No matter what they said, it's hard to be friends with someone who is with a man you were with before.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:35 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I'm best friends with my ex boyfriend's wife. so I say go for it.

maybe start with coffee or lunch somewhere other than your home though.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 3:39 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• well darn, ladies, I guess you all think my BFF is an idiot for liking me :)

also look at why they broke up. I dumped my BFF's hubby for telling me wanted to get married on like day 3 of dating. LOL
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 3:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2008