D you have a VBAC? How did it go?

I'm 39 weeks and I'm getting very nervous. I'm hoping you ladies can help ease my fears.

What was the reason for your c/s?
How long after that did you have your VBAC?
Was your second baby bigger than your first?
Did you have an epidural?
Did you induce?
Rupture?
End up having another c/s?

Christina2135

Asked by Christina2135 at 2:39 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i have two vbacs
    the official reason for my c-section was cephalocaudal disproportion. in others, he didn't fit. however, i went on to birth 2 larger babies naturally. 1st baby --> 6lbs 5oz, 19 1/2in (c-section) 2nd baby --> 6lbs 11oz, 20 1/2 in (natural) 3rd baby --> 6lbs 13 oz, 21 in. (natural)

i birthed both vbacs with the help of a doula and mw. i was not induced and did receive in pain medication and was not hooked up to any monitors of iv's. i was not ruptured either. i think walking around, being in different position, and certainly the help of my doula made all the difference. if you have other question please feel free to pm me!
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 2:52 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I wish I could help you, but my son was 11lbs 6 oz, and I had him naturally....but the doctors didn't know how big he was (don't know why they didn't even check me...) but I did not want a c/s, that was a last resort.

I hope you have a safe and speedy labor and delivery! :)
    Stephernie88

Answer by Stephernie88 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Oh, and I was induced...a week later than my due date. My son is now 13 months old.
    Stephernie88

Answer by Stephernie88 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i meant to say "did NOT receive pain medication"
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 3:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i had a c-section because i stopped dilating at 8 cm. took a long time to recover. he was 7lb 11 oz 21.5 in

2nd baby 15 months later was a successful vbac with an epidural. he was 7 lbs and 21 in at 35 wks.

hoping this 3rd one will also be a successful vag delivery but i will have to wait and see.
    tcmaneen

Answer by tcmaneen at 4:26 PM on Sep. 13, 2010