Any ideas on how to get cat pee out of a couch cushion?

I spray febreeze on it ever so often when I smell it, but is there anything anyone uses to get rid of it? I tried a lot of things to get rid of it, bit it seems to sneak up when I sit down..and of course, it's in the spot where I sit the most, it stinks!

Stephernie88

Asked by Stephernie88 at 2:41 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Pets

• Try spraying vinegar and water on it.
    hope4emma

Answer by hope4emma at 2:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yup vinegar and water on it.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 2:44 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• The real question is 'how did you get the cat into the couch cushion?' Bwahahahahahaha!

Alcohol is the answer... just whatever cheap vodka or isopropyl or methyl hydrate or whatever you have: spray it until it's wet through to the touch, and let it dry. The boozy smell will be gone in about an hour, and it will take all the yuck stink with it.

Works as a good carpet cleaner, and to take the stench out of hockey gear, too...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:44 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Nature's Miracle. That's the only thing I use and it works great on carpeting and cushions/pillows. If you can, throw the covers in the wash and get them clean and spot treat the spot with the Nature's Miracle. You could also put the cushion outside in a safe place and air it out a bit too.

Good luck, cat pee smell is horrid!
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 2:44 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My sister bought a house that had been saturated with cat pee. She swears by something called Nature's Miracle. Her house does not smell now. I've never tried the stuff myself.
    much2learn

Answer by much2learn at 2:46 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I have thrown the cushion cover in the wash, but I think its just that it soaked thru to the actual cushion. I've used urine be gone, and other pet urine removal sprays, and they work...to an extent....so I will have to try Alcohol or vinegar. I'll also look for Natures Miracle!
    Thanks girls! :)
    Stephernie88

Comment by Stephernie88 (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Natures Miracle is the only thing I've found that actually gets rid of the smell. Febreeze is a joke.. it just covers the smell up for a little bit. And that goes for any smell.
    HeatherReneeB

Answer by HeatherReneeB at 7:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• they sell carpet cleaning products that u wash the carpet/house with that are farely good u should just go ahead and clean all the couchs and carpets in advance just to get any trace of it out
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 9:16 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• UrineOff. Try www.petedge.com to find it
    XdollskinX

Answer by XdollskinX at 2:17 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i agree with the other ladies
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:25 AM on Sep. 21, 2010