Would you tell..?

My brother (19) is "dating this girl (21).. She's pretty controlling, trying to change him.. Well he hangs out with other girls when he isn't with her and tries to get with them.. His "girlfriend" asks me all the time what he is really doing, but I just lie for him.. Would you do the same..for your brother?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 2:45 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I would lie to his girlfriend and say you know nothing - and talk to him by telling him that she is asking questions.
    His actions will catch up with him sooner or later and he'll pay for his actions (or talk his way out of it) but you don't want to get in the middle of it. He's your brother. They aren't engaged - girlfriends will come and go - but you are his sister and will be forever.
    LOOneyPLR

Answer by LOOneyPLR at 2:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Nope, I don't lie. And your brother shouldn't put you in that position to begin with.

He does the crime, he can pay for it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I'd have a talk with my brother. He's the one that needs to come clean with her. And tell him that if he doesn't come clean with her, you will. As the other girl, would you want to be treated like that in a relationship? She apparently thinks they are in a relationship, and wouldn't you want to know that he wasn't being loyal to you, if for no other reason than to make sure you always use protection when with him?
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 2:48 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I'd lie for my little brother. But I'd also tell him that I didn't approve of his whoring around.
    smileyashmommy

Answer by smileyashmommy at 2:49 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• If they're not together then he needs to stop leading her on. Obviously she likes him, and if he's messing around with other girls, he's just screwing with her emotions. No wonder she's asking you what he's been up to.
    Shortfuse007

Answer by Shortfuse007 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Ditto top poster. You shouldn't feel like you have to lie.
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 2:49 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i would tell her the truth just so she can say bye bye and break up with him then you dont have to do any dirty work for him and then he will learn that he shouldnt rely on you to be responsible for his actions and PLUS...isnt that cheating? shouldnt he know by now that if he cant commit then dont have a girlfriend at all?
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:54 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• No I would not lie for him. To anyone. It is not matter if I do not like his girlfriend.

Answer by louise2 at 2:55 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• He tells her they aren't together.. but she's like obsessed with him.
    SuperrMommyy

Comment by SuperrMommyy (original poster) at 2:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• She knows what he's up to.. he made it clear he didn't want to be with her, but she really is a nutty girl & don't listen.
    SuperrMommyy

Comment by SuperrMommyy (original poster) at 3:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2010