Shoe size??? explain please

I'm lost. DD is in a 9 (3.5 years old). Is this 9T? because I see size 6 youth that are twice the size but then there are 10-12 that are youth(?) that are almost her size.

Ugh! What do the sizes go to and when do they go from childrens to youth!?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 2:45 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• the infant sizes are like 0-4. Then there are toddler sizes which are like 5-13. Then youth sizes start at 1 and go up until you hit the adult sizes.
    My 4yo is in a 10 (which would be a toddler size). My 7yo and 10yo girls are both in size 1. My 8yo son is in a size 5 (which we now find in the men's section and is the equivalent of a woman's 7).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• At that age, go somewhere that they actually size and fit your child - like Stride Rite - if you can. The worst thing you can do to children at that age is to put them in poorly fit shoes.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:57 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yes your daughter is in a 9 toddler. I believe toddler sizes goes up to 13 before it starts over at 1 in the "child" sizes.
    smileyashmommy

Answer by smileyashmommy at 2:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Clothes and Shoes are so funny made now days. I just let her try on everything. Depends on the brand what size she wears.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:09 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• OHHHHH!!!!!!!!1 Thank you ladies!
    Jademom07

Comment by Jademom07 (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Sep. 13, 2010