Should the White House be engaged in poorly run a smear campaign on twitter? Is this the change you believe in? Or just same ole same ole game of politics?

Opinion Piece by Ed Morrissey: The White House eagerly tweeted the link to a New York Times hit piece on John Boehner that accused him of taking in loads of lobbyist cash. They called his connections to lobbyists “especially deep” — but not, apparently, if one compares them to current Democratic leadership in both the House and Senate. As Timothy Carney reports for the Washington Examiner, not only has Nancy Pelosi taken in twice as much lobbyist cash in this election as Boehner, but Harry Reid and Chuck Schumer have collected more in the last six months than Boehner has in six elections:

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 2:45 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

•  according to the Center for Responsive Politics, Boehner has raised $299,490 from lobbyists.

For comparison, Harry Reid, Blanche Lincoln, and Chuck Schumer have each raised more money from lobbyists in this cycle alone.

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• This election cycle, Boehner is not even in the top 20 recipients of lobbyist cash. He’s raised less than $40,000 from lobbyists this cycle — compared to Nancy Pelosi’s $71,000 from lobbyists.

grlygrlz2

• "In the list of current House members, Roy Blunt tops it, probably because of his run for the Senate.  Democrat Kendrick Meek follows him for the same reason, and Democrat Charlie Melancon comes in fourth as he runs for the Senate in Louisiana.  Otherwise, this is a Democratic field, with Steny Hoyer and Charlie Rangel leading the list of those running for re-election in the House.  Nancy Pelosi comes in at 9th overall. 

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 2:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• could you edit that first sentence to make sense please?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 2:51 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Where does Boehner rank? He’s not even in the top 20, whose last member — Sander Levin (D-MI) — has taken $59,211 from lobbyists in this cycle. There are only two Republicans on this list; the other 18 are Democrats."

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 2:53 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Thats ALL you got? Really?? You know damn well she cant edit after a response is made. But that's too funny :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• All the C & P ing......are you trying to steal my job? wink mini

I don't understand the problem....I don't think President Obama is Twittering or handling the account...

I'm sure the republicans are above such politicsdevil mini

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:00 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Auto, if you can read Sweet's posts, I am sure you can read the 'first sentence"... LOL Here's the link, if you want to comment on the links provided/grammatical errors, etc...  Feel Free...

Now, if you want to play your little game of AVOIDANCE and divert from discussing the oped piece (and the facts/links posted by the author) ??  Ya know, the one that calls the White House out for it's one sided pathetic attempt in playing politics~ that is on you... ;o)

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 3:02 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Auto, if you can read Sweet's posts,

Damn again with your Sweet related insult...I am starting to think you are obsessed with me

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:03 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• All the C & P ing......are you trying to steal my job?

Yup... The difference, I provide original thought and responses to my discussion of links/articles....  You???  Not so much..  ;o)

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 3:09 PM on Sep. 13, 2010