What tests should I request? adult content

I am new to this group this summer after a recent m/c in June. We had been having unprotected sex for 9 years and finally (but by surprise as it has never happened before!) I was pregnant! But, just into my second trimester, I m/c.
Before we look further into some assistance with trying to concieve this time around, we want to ask the doctor to do some tests for both of us to see if there are reasons as to why it took so long for us to concieve.
I have regular 28 day cycles and no extreme discomfort. I am healthy and eat well. My hubby is somewhat overweight but we are both eating more healthy in the past year and both taking multivitamins and Royal Jelly daily.
I am thinking sperm analysis for him.
For me, FSH, LH, Progesterone level, and the dye test where they insert a dye into my ovaries and fallopian tubes to check for blockages, cysts, fibroids, etc.? Anything else that you can suggest would be most helpful.

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 2:46 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• The test with the dye is called an HSG (hysterosalpingogram). I think your list of tests are great and the only thing I might add would be DHEA to check for insulin resistance. And definitely get the SA for DH. Good luck.
    smileyashmommy

Answer by smileyashmommy at 3:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I dont have any answers but you sure enlightened me.....I am about to be tested by a fertility specialist and am nervous about what to expect!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SugaB

Answer by SugaB at 4:23 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• If you go to a fertility specialists he or she should be doing all those tests you mentioned! There is also a sonohysterogram and cycle monitering that could go on too. Lots of blood tests to find out what your hormones are doing throughout your cycle.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 5:55 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Sounds like you have done your research! All that is what they normally test! :D
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 12:07 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Sound like your covered. Good luck
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 6:56 AM on Sep. 15, 2010