How many C sections have you had? What was the reason? Would you have another?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• i had one because my water broke at 34 weeks and i wasnt dialating. yes i would have another.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I haven't had any.. but the question "would you have another"..um, you really don't have a choice.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I had one not by choice. My DD got stuck and so it was an emergency c-section. and NO I' d like not to have one again but I may have no choice in that.
    KrazyKutie

Answer by KrazyKutie at 2:48 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• you do have a choice you can always get a vbac which are becoming more popular. If you are a good candidate
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 2:49 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• 3...I don't dialate and/or have contractions.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 2:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I had to deliver at 33 weeks due to severe preeclampsia. Inducement drugs caused fetal distress, so I had a c-section.

I'm done with having kids, but if I had another child, I would do the c-section again. It's hard to find a dr or hospital that will do a vbac.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:51 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• 3. First one was after a day of labor and baby not wanting to go down the birth canal (fully dilated). second, and third...because I felt like it and it was easier for me and my ob-gyn. She has a lot of shopping and golfing to do, OK!?!?! If I could have more children, I would but I made the choice to tie my tubes up because 3 children is enough.
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 2:53 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I've had 5 (in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2006 and 2010) and, yeah, if by some miracle I got pregnant again I would have to have another. I had my tubes tied, though, so hopefully that won't happen.
    I have a really narrow pelvis. All 5 were planned.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:54 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• None! And never will I have one.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:55 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• 1 c-section, 2 vbacs. i will NEVER have another c-cetion.
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 2:57 PM on Sep. 13, 2010