Is your house always in tip top shape or do you have to rush & clean when you know company is coming?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 2:46 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Home & Garden

• My house is in between. I clean a little everyday..but between 2 kids and a husband there is always something left on the floor or dishes on the counter. If someone is coming over I will pick up a little and maybe run the vaccuum to pick of the dailing sheddings of the cat but I dont go crazy...if they are here to look at my house instead of visit with my family then they should probably not come over.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 3:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My house is usually kinda of messy/ clean but I def rush to clean up right before ppl come over and it stays that way all of like 2 days lol
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 2:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Well i have two kids, so its never in tip top condition LOL soo yes i run around picking stuff up and trying to get it as clean as possible before i have company...its amazing how fast you can clean LOL
    Brittney20

Answer by Brittney20 at 2:51 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• usually livable but not spotless. I clean more when company comes.
    SUSAN81900

Answer by SUSAN81900 at 2:54 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i keep it clean enough that if someone comes over i just have to pick up the little bits of clutter here and there...
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 2:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• C. Neither.

My house hasn't got mental health issues from being largely ignored for the last... ooh, forever... and I don't need to behave as if the Queen is coming when friends come over. I'll make room to sit, if there isn't any, and maybe check for the level of horror grossness in the bathroom... but I don't want my friends to freak out and have a manic attack on their homes just because I'm coming over, so I don't do it to mine. I'd hate to think I was influencing them to do it...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:48 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Both. I prefer to have it clean at all times. But lets face it I have two babies that LOVE messy! And some days I would rather not clean 24/7. I always clean before company comes over, its just sometimes I have to clean A LOT more than usual! haha
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 2:55 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I always have to straighten up before people come over. I have 2 kids and am in school full time. I have no time for anything and my dh is gone a lot so i'm on my own.
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 2:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• It's ok the vast majority of the time.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:07 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I have 2 dogs, 3 cats, a 9 month old and a messy husband. I am happy if there isn't a layer of dust on everything! I am definitely a quick clean type of person if people are coming over. A light dusting, vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom. I do clean once a week normally, but I'm not the kind to clean every little corner and every little thing when I clean. I have too many other things to do with my time then to spend it always cleaning.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 2:55 PM on Sep. 13, 2010