How can I incorporate more veges into my meal. Not as a side but in the actual meal?

inezmm2000

Asked by inezmm2000 at 2:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You can go to amazon and find some really good cookbooks. I have some raw foods "non" cookbooks. They deal with veggies, nuts, and such, and the recipes are GREAT!
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 2:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Stir fry is a good option, vegetarian chili is another.
    patsfan013

Answer by patsfan013 at 2:51 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Stir fries are good. You can try incorporating them into a stuffing, adding them to soup, or trying something fun, like green bean or sweet potato fries. my fiance tries to opt out of veggies, so i make them a part of the main dish, whatever it is- and then let him try to sort them out. :) adding them into omelets is also a good way to get at least one serving of veggies in a day. I also keep v8 around too. you can get them in fruit juice blends to make them more appealing to kids and picky partners.
    Oobersezzy

Answer by Oobersezzy at 2:52 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Puree your veges and mix them in with what ever you are cooking.
    lovealynn

Answer by lovealynn at 2:54 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• get the cook book the sneaky chef, you make veggie purees and mix them into foods and the recipes tell you how to mix it. you honestly cant taste the veggies.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 2:57 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• my mom made this great chicken and veges meal. it was a roasted chicken and then a bag of steamed veges and some parm cheese on top! it was so good!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 2:57 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I add veggies to my marinara sauce. I add carrots, leeks, chayote fruit, green beans and/or celery. No one realy notices all the veggies in there and I use it for pasta, pizza, fish or chicken.
    I also add finely chopped (you can use the food processor) veggies like red pepper, carrot, celery, leeks, parsnips to ground beef, turkey or chicken for hamburgers, meatloaf, chilli or meatballs.
    Veggie burgers are also a good option, there are several recipes on the web.
    Soups are a good way, especially if you add some whole wheat croutons or shredded cheese. You can do it with any veggie you want, just sautee them, add water, cook until soft, puree and season.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 7:37 PM on Sep. 13, 2010