continue of Csection question...How many would you do it again....How was your recovery???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I didn't see the 1st question but I had an emergency c-section with DD and it sucked, the recovery wasn't that bad considering I guess, but I'll be trying for a VBAC this time. So no, I won't do it again if I can help it!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:59 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I had to have a repeat C-section with my son. My dd was breech and my hospital doesn't do VBAC. My recovery the 2nd time was sooo much easier. I knew what to expect and was up and walking soon. A C-section was not at all my first choice in giving birth, but it worked for us.
    mom2abby06

Answer by mom2abby06 at 3:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• The section itself was not bad. I did have an infection after my second, but that had more to do with my liver issues & my blood not clotting than the surgery itself. Going through the surgery itself again would be a non-issue for me. The risk of liver complications is another matter all together.
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 3:08 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I have had three of them - first for failure to progress and the second and third because doctor was afraid it would happen all over again. I would do in again in a heartbeat - I had three wonderful children and no other options because of the issues that caused the first one. I can tell you that it got easier each time possibly because I knew what to expect but (IMO) more because there is less feeling (the nerves where I was cut are less sensitive each time - they don't all come back the way they once were). I was up and about within hours of the surgery - all three times because the doc recommended it and said it would help with my recovery. I was sore but, honestly, I think I prefer THAT sore over having to be cut in other areas - if you know what I mean...good luck.
    momofthreekjs

Answer by momofthreekjs at 3:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I had three c-sections and if I had to choose I'd get another one. I got my tubes tied with my last one though, so hopefully I won't have to worry with that anymore! lol

My recovery.

1st Child: I was up and walking rounds in the hospital the next day.
    2nd Child: It took about three days and I was fine.
    3rd Child: It took about 1 1/2 weeks to get back to normal. But I think that had something to do with the tubes and third repeat section. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:28 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• "I would do it again in a heartbeat"... scary. BTW, failure to progress is not applicable. Labor can take DAYS.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Well my 1st C-Section was an Emergency my son was premie, I was 28 1/2 wks. My recovery was 6 wks becuz it hurt badly. My muscles was sore but I pushed myself so I could be with my son. My 2nd C-Section was Jr, My doctor explained to my that I was high risk pregnancy to hv a VBAC, so luckily I had my C-Section. I was told that I could've ruptured and died so I'm thankful for my C-Section and the Doctor who saved my life. I do hv to hv a C-Section in the future and it's the safest way to deliver for me, It's not as bad as u think. It's about half hr and the baby is out safely, I was awake for my C-Section
    lasmilez

Answer by lasmilez at 4:25 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I had one but my friend did. The 1st one was the longest recovery and the 2nd was shorter and she knew whtat to expect so it was so bad. She will do a 3rd soon.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:06 AM on Sep. 14, 2010