Does anyone have any tips on how to get my almost 8 month old to sleep better through the night?

My son is almost 8 months and from the day he was born he has never slept through the night. He has woke up every three hours through the night since he was about one month old and before he was a month it was every hour. I just recently got him only to wake every 5 hours since i moved him from six ounce bottles during the night to 8 ounce. Does anyone have any tips or ideas to help him get the hang of sleeping though the night. Oh and for the past couple days he has woke every 30 mins but i think that is because he is teething pretty bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can try to give some motrin for his teeth before bed time. also try to give a warm bath and rub baby lotion on him to help him relax
    BERUMEN

Answer by BERUMEN at 3:08 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• This is what i did.. My kids were eating more at that time. I put a little of the rice and bannas cereal in the bottle to thicken it up.. I got that idea from my ex mother inlaw.. It really helped. If you are still breast feeding, eating some puddings through out the day will also thcken up your milk.. either way it seemed to help me..
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 3:11 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• try teething tablets for his teething! we have a fan for our daughter it seems to cover up alot of noise in the house and i think it helps her sleep! but she is 7 months and still not sleeping all night! they say 5 hours is sleeping all night for a baby but i dont agree i need 8! lol! each baby is different. if u find anything let me know i would love for our daughter to sleep all night again!!! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:11 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• The VAST majority of babies wake every 3-4 hours on average for needed feeds and/or peeing. They wake more during growth spurts, teething, and new milestones. In the first year, sleep patterns change a lot and a baby may sleep a long stretch one week during a growth spurt and the next wake frequently. All normal. Sleep patterns don't really settle into a more mature pattern until age three or four. Some babies sleep a lot in the first half of the year, but end up waking more later. There is nothing "bad" about a baby that doesn't sleep long stretches of more than four to six hours...they aren't bad sleepers as some say. They are quite normal. It's actually we adults who have forgotten how to sleep effectively because we clock watch. night parenting is part of the mommy gig.. FYI 5 hours is considered a "sleep through" . Bathing before bed and lotions can stimulate babies not relax. be sure bed time isn't too early.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• It's normal for babies to wake up at night until they are 3 yo.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My daughter is the same way, here lately she has been wanting to wake up around midnight and play! I try to give her a bath and rub lotion on her right before bed. Sometimes I give her a bottle before bed. But when we turn on a night light and have something playing some music she usually goes right to sleep! if she fusses it's only for like 30 seconds while we walk out the door.
    mrsrooks

Answer by mrsrooks at 8:42 AM on Sep. 14, 2010