My 9 year old is having

my 9 year old daughter is having her eyes blur on her. she wore glasses and they broke . she does have a eye doctor appointment next week but i am worrying about the fact that her eye suddenly blurs. she is complaining of not being able to see the blackboard , headaches. etc. is there more to it then needing the glasses? or am i just being a worry wart. i tried to get her in this week but they were booked solid.

sherryb1273

Asked by sherryb1273 at 3:09 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I agree with JockeyP2PMOM. Get her to a pediatrician or ophthalmologist immediately. And, switch optometrists. Your daughter can't do well in school with headaches and not seeing the blackboard. Broken glasses should be top priority. Also, get a backup pair of glasses at Walmart or order from this discount site: https://zennioptical.com/cart/home.php for cheap glasses. I got my son a pair and he's wearing them right now. His glasses started coming apart and his Rx is past 1 year so they wouldn't let us order a new pair until we went for an appointment. I'm guessing that's what happened to you. Good luck!
    mellonhead

Answer by mellonhead at 4:00 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I lost my glasses in the ocean on our vacation last summer, LOL. But I had a terrible ehadache afterwards too. When I was in school, If i didnt wear them I couldnt see the board, either. Tell her to ask her friends to copy theirs, or the teacher for a copy.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 3:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• No, you should immediately take her to the Pediatrician (and if they want see her, do what we did ...go to the emergency room) and have her blood tested for elevated sugar levels. The same thing happen to my son and he is now a Diabetic. I hope you find the answers to make her better and that your circumstances will not be similiar to ours. Even if this is the answer, you wil know what to do from this point on to make her better. Also, there is a test they can scan the eye ( at your eye doctor) and see if there is any additional problems. It is in addition to the dilation of the eye. Do both.
    JOCKEYP2PMOM

Answer by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 3:21 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• A few years ago my sd was having problems focusing a second or two after looking at something. Her mom had her for weeks with this problem and had given sd her old reading glasses! WTF? we took sd immediately to a walk-in place....Penney's, America's best, lens crafters...all these places can address the vision issue. It turns out she had a teeny tiny chunk of metal in her eye! Do not neglect this issue and try to downplay the urgency of the situation. The point is it's your child's vision and needs to be addressed. Good luck!
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 6:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• my insurance doesn't cover walk in places unfortunately , her school nurse also looked in her eyes to make sure there was no metal or foreign substance there is none.

sherryb1273

Comment by sherryb1273 (original poster) at 6:38 PM on Sep. 13, 2010